Friday, November 17, 2006

Awesome Weekend... of Death



How creepy is this picture? It's a still from one of the films in Horrorfest. Horrorfest is this thing where they show eight indie horror films too graphic for mass release. Needless to say, I will be watching this all weekend.

How could you NOT want to see the movie that this is from? I mean, yeah, the blood is scary and all... but look at her fucking huge teeth! Ahh! Why are they so big? Does evil make your teeth grow? It's horrifying, I must find out.

All the other movies are about scary stuff too. One's about small, dead children. And OK no, that isn't as terrifying as small, live children, but still, as scary things go, dead babies are totally in the top 10.

I encourage you all to come with me. It starts tonight and runs through Tuesday.

In other exciting news, I got a call from Cipriani's Upstairs to interview for a bar tending position! I don't know if Ill go since I'm sure they'll need me over Christmas which I can't do... but still, the fact that my picture alone was enough to convince them that I belong there is gratifying enough for me.

For those of you who are out of the loop... Chip's Upstairs is pretty much the most exclusive place in the city. You can't even go there unless you're a member! I'm not sure what qualifies you for membership, but I know you definitely have to have a three initial job to even be considered. (You know, like SVP, CEO, etc.)

So basically, if you aren't model good looking and you make les than $250,000 a year, you can pretty much forget about getting inside.

My god, it's like the club version of me. It's phenomenal.

And on this day of accomplishment, let's also extend a round of applause to Alabaster, who has FINALLY joined Jdate!

Now that they're letting the gays on, there's really no reason for anyone on earth not to be on there. He's only been on a week and he's already met some guy he likes, and gone to a bunch of nice dinners.

He hasn't yet been carried around a giant vault filled with gold by a bunch of gorgeous Jewish ibankers while he lies on a satin chaise lounge in a gold lamee gown singing Material Girl... but I think that usually happens the second week on the site.

Looks like it's going to be a good weekend for all of us.